Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: video surveillance question

From: "Adam Newhard" <atnewhard () microstrain com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:06:01 -0400

You're probably gonna wanna contact a lawyer for that one who specializes in
that sort of thing...the money'll be worth it when you don't get in trouble
for some stupid state or federal law for some sort of invasion of privacy
(it can always happen).  say you are taping and you happen to get some cc
#'s on tape unintentionally...you could still get in deep w/that.  it's the
same idea of the whole ccv (the little 3 or 4 digit number on the back of
your credit card)...a lot of cc companies won't let you store that number
when you do transactions so the card has to be verified then and there.  if
you pick up ccv's on tape and perhaps cc#'s in general, you could be liable.
things like that always say go talk to a lawyer.  you can ask a general
direction to get the gist of something like this, but your best bet is
always someone who does it for a living.
adam
Adam Newhard
Microstrain, Inc.
If vegetarians eat vegetables, watch out for humanitarians