Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Recommendable Windows firewall with NAT sought

From: "Tomas Wolf" <tomas () skip cz>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 23:17:15 +0200

Hello,
I like Kerio a lot. It is not free, but very nice. Those guys made a good product. I have worked with "WinRoute Pro"
many times and the simplicity, but with firewall power is great...

http://www.kerio.com/

Good luck -- Tomas

Hi,
I'm more of a linux person and know my way around it pretty well. But
now I'm looking for good firewalling software for windows, which
incorporates NAT, just like iptables under linux.
If the quality is good, I'd favour GPL/free-beer software over payware
(I guess my linux-years spoilt me ;)). Also, I'd like to hear of
firewalls which you wouldn't recommend (and the reason why - this isn't
a troll, nor am I trying to start a flamewar, I just don't know my way
around windows security software that well yet).

Regs,
Sven
--
Sven Riedel                      sr () gimp org
Liebigstr. 38