Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Event Viewer Monitoring Tool

From: "Seth Connolly" <sethc () gmx net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:08:56 -0500

I use eventsentry, http://www.eventsentry.com/.  Very cheap filtering
solution.  I have it set up to email certain events to me and one "daily
summary" email from each server covering all events on that server.  It has
several notication options, such as smtp, syslog, odbc, xhtml, ascii
printer, net send, process (as in starting/stoping a process based on the
event), sound, etc.  In your situation it'll cost about $999 for 41-50
servers (about 20 bux a server).  It's small, non-intrusive, doesn't require
a restart to install, has a remote update feature...  They also have a quick
and helpful support staff.

I don't mean to sound like a salesman here, but this is a great (and cheap)
product.

Seth