Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Fxscanner and files

From: "Nero, Nick" <Nick.Nero () disney com>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:48:40 -0400

I have seen this a billion times in many types of hacks.  There is a
hidden character in the file name that explorer can't see so you can't
delete it.

Go to a cmd prompt and use the 'DIR /X' command.  This will force a
compliant 8.3 filename in the shell then just do a DEL command to delete
the file by this new 8.3 name.  As long as you have rights, that should
do it.