Security Basics mailing list archives

SSL proxy & https for wireless surfing

From: "blaxes" <blaxes () hotpop com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 00:06:17 +0800

Hi guys,

I have 2 problems here and would seek advise if anyone would know of any
solution possible.

I am looking for a solution that will proxy all ssl connections between
users and https sites on the internet, such that the contents can be
checked for viruses etc before allowing them to download or access.

Users ---https---> gateway ----http----> antivirus --http---> gateway
-----https----> any internet website.

My second problem is that I would like all users on the wireless network
to be able to surf the internet regardless whether its a https site or a
http site to be on https, such
that their connections is encrypted by ssl over the wireless network to
prevent sniffing.

Wireless Users -----https ----> Gateway proxy ----http or https
depending on the request ---> any internet website.

Is there any product or combination of products in the market that is
able to do this ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Blaxes