Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Cisco Workaround (VPN PROBLEM)

From: "Paul Benedek" <paul.benedek () excis co uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:37:29 +0100

Hi,

The issue may be based around NAT if you are using it.  If you have upgraded
to an IOS version that does not support NAT transparency, you will not
establish your VPN tunnels.  NAT transparency wraps the ESP header in UDP,
and then strips it as it passes through the translation, thereby leaving the
ESP header intact and allowing the establishment of the tunnels.

Check to see if these version support NAT / PAT transparency.

Regards,

Paul Benedek
Director
Excis Networks Limited