Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: about viruswall?

From: chort <chort () amaunetsgothique com>
Date: 29 Aug 2003 08:49:47 -0700

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 19:12, SB CH wrote:
Hello, list.

These days, we  have lots of problems about virus and spam.
So I would like to setup viruswall.
Is there any document or site related with viruswall?
Viruswall is similar to firewall?

Thanks in advance.

고.. 감.. 도.. 사.. 랑.. 만.. 들.. 기.. MSN 러브
http://www.msn.co.kr/love/

The first question is:  Do you have budget to buy a professional
solution, or does this need to be a nearly free solution?

If you answered "yes" to the former, then go hunting for commercial
products.  There are quite a few out there which filter spam and virii
(and quite a bit of other stuff) at the gateway.

If it needs to be very low cost, then you want to build a BSD box (or
Linux if you must) with a safe MTA (such as Postfix, Exim, or qmail) and
load free solutions, such as Spam Assassin, etc.  There are a couple of
free anti-virus scanners too, but I don't have experience with them.

--
Brian Keefer

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com