Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: TR : event viewer log How to get more information

From: "dave" <dave () netmedic net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 21:10:29 -0400

Hey,

Logon Type: 3 = Successful Network Logon. This event indicates that a remote
user has successfully connected from the network to a local resource.

I believe type 7 is for local logon.

http://www.eventlogscan.com/  will scan your eventlog and give you a report.

And

http://eventid.net  will give you detailed info of every event and