Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: [Port 1198]

From: H Carvey <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: 5 Apr 2003 13:36:18 -0000

Wolfgang,

I have a log at my Firewall, which I can not resolve.
Does anyone have information about software using Port
1198 ?

2003/04/03 12:47:48  ** TCP SYN Flooding **  <IP/TCP>
 10.104.0.80:1198 ->>
212.65.0.186:80

I couldn't find anything on the net so far.

What exactly are you looking for?  1198 is the source
port, and it's above 1024 (ie, within the range used by
clients).  Knowing this...what are you trying to find.
 Any client application (web browser, port scanner,
etc) can use this port...

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics