Security Basics mailing list archives

Lotus Cross-Certification

From: ullmic <ullmic6 () web de>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 19:26:41 +0200

Hi everybody,

we are using Lotus Notes as mail tool and we have a lot of contact to a
large external company that also uses Lotus Notes. My idea to secure the
e-mail communication between our two companies to a reasonable level
(without rolling out PGP or S/MIME-certificates) is to propose a
cross-certification of Lotus Notes certificates between our companies so
that we can at least use Notes encryption. We already have a good level
of trust with confidentiality agreements a.s.o. So in my eye it is only
a technical implementation of a given trust relationship. Has anybody on
this list experience with such a Notes-to-Notes cross-certification? Any
hints what to look out for, how to avoid typical mistakes?

--
ullmic

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics