Security Basics mailing list archives

Linksys Technically

From: <nsm () e-paradise net>
Date: 9 Apr 2003 04:52:24 -0000

This is a continuation of the Hardware vs Software firewall/router post.

Technically speaking what is wrong with the Linksys router for business
use?

I can understand that it is a $100 firewall, but what are the technical
drwabacks compared to a PIX, or anything comperable. I can also
understand that it will probably not handle as great a load of use as
something else.

I am more so looking for something like: They only half ass statefull
inspection of packets, or the builtin web server is made based on Windows
3.11 (ha ha), or something similar.

I hope I am not being to vauge, and any help is appreciated in advance.

Is SPAM over-loading your e-mail server, disk space or bandwidth?
SurfControl E-Mail Filter is flexible, intelligent and policy-driven
protection.
http://www.securityfocus.com/SurfControl-security-basics2
Download your free fully functional trial, complete with 30-days of free technical support.
Stop SPAM before it stops you.