Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Client to Client / Peer-to-Peer IPSEC Application ?

From: jklemenc () fnal gov
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:45:03 -0600

If the clients are Windows 2000/XP/.Net, take a look at the Windows IP
Securit Filters. These links will give a how-to:

Securing W2K with IP Filters: Part 1 (Step-by-Step How-To Guide)
      http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1559

Securing W2K with IP Filters: Part 2 (Implementing Encryption)
      http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1566

How to Enable IPSEC Through a Firewall
      http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q233256

Using IPSEC to Lock Down a Server
      http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/columns/using_ipsec.asp

Joe

|         |           Leonard.Ong@nokia|
|         |           .com             |
|         |           10/27/2002 08:37 |

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       security-basics () securityfocus com
    |
  |       cc:
 |
  |       Subject:  Client to Client / Peer-to-Peer IPSEC Application ?

Hello,

Anyone can recommend a good client to client vpn application ? I am
thinking about securing notebook connected over internet.  This is not a
site-to-site, considering the amount of host involved and optimized for two
peers.  I know PGP can do this, but it is not supported in XP yet. Any
alternatives ?

Thank you

Regards,
Leonard Ong