Security Basics mailing list archives

Webmin Security Questions

From: "Joe McCray" <joemccray () hardestworkingmanonline com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:48:41 -0400

Have any of you used Webmin

http://www.webmin.com/

I'm looking into webmin software - thought it'd be cool to play with, but I'm curious about security issues with it.
I've never used it before - I glanced over the website, and didn't see anything about SSH, SSL, or anything about
security for that matter. I googled for Webmin security, and found a lot of stuff that was pretty old - so I'm guessing
those things are probably fixed by now. From I can gather - it runs over http.

Any opinions?

Joe McCray
Just put my new RootWars site up this weekend - check it out and tell me what you think.

www.rootwars.org

Sent via hardestworkingmanonline.com