Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Can't Resolve from behind firewall

From: michel 'ziobudda' morelli <michel () ziobudda net>
Date: 18 Oct 2002 18:45:11 +0200

Il ven, 2002-10-18 alle 14:41, Dickon Newman ha scritto:
Remember that DNS is UDP port, not a TCP port.  I'm not sure about how
you've setup your firewall, or if it even makes the distinction between the
two (I would hope that it would!).

Only one thing: under CheckPoint FW with IIS 5.0 i need to open DNS-tcp
to permit to send email. I don't know why this, but without DNS-tcp I
can not to send email.

bye

Hope that helps,
Dickon...