Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: PGP Backdoor

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:23:44 -0800

From: Ted Yav <gorgon9987 () yahoo com>
My organization was considering buying PGP Corporate
for encryption.  I have heard rumors, however, that it
was backdoored and therefore not totally secure.  Does
anyone know whether this is true or just a myth?

I haven't heard about anything like that, make sure you download from a reputable source and use md5 checksums, or order hard copy.

I didn't want to advise anyone against the purchase
before I had more information.

Why not use GPG with WinPT front end instead, its free and open source.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."