Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Basic rules for IPTABLES protection

From: "BurntCircuit" <burntcircuit () phreaker net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:24:00 -0500

first i would sigjest getting a distro that takes a little less work out of
the box... a firewall is only as safe as the box running it... as to rules
and such i would sigjest getting your hands on a copy of Linix Firewalls by
Robert Ziegler (
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735710996/qid=1038331175/sr=8
-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-8526399-3801557?v=glance&s=books&n=507846 ) that should
have all the info you need...