Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protect folder data.

From: "Sephiroth" <sephiroth88 () inwind it>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:40:15 +0100

In data 19/11/2002 0.59, Tony - CIA;CISA;CDP;CPA;MBA ha scritto a
SECURITY-BASICS () SECURITYFOCUS COM il seguente messaggio:

Hi,

I have some highly confidential data that I frequently access on in a
folder
that is on my desktop computer (ie win2k).  I want to make sure no one but

me will able to see this data.  Does anyone know of any freeware\shareware

that will 1) en-crypt the data in the folder and/or  2) require a password

to open up the folder?  I need to make sure a person like our lan admin or

desk top support person can not figure out a way to get to the data.

Win2k and XP with NTFS are able to encrypt files on your disk.
Just right click on your object and select Properties\Advanced.
It's not possible to see data without logging in with your account.
--
        Sephiroth
Linux Registered User:181013