Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: FTP security question...

From: "The Crocodile" <tcroc () cow pasture com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:03:32 -0500

Many of the remotely exploitable bugs found in FTPD programs require a
valid login to be able to overflow the buffer and thus exploit the
vulnerability.  If you have anon turned on and don't need it you leave
that avenue of attack open.  If for some reason you REQUIRE that it be
left open then do so.

You best be is if you don't need it close it.

The Crocodile
www.ghettohackers.net
www.pasture.com/~tcroc