Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Open All Outbound Ports?

From: "James Lee Gromoll" <jgromoll () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:34:41 -0800

Wow! When I first read this I thought, "Gee, what kind of drugs is his firewall group on?" then I found the whole point of this.....

++++ I am in the security area and they want my agreement/sign off before they do this. ++++

They are obviously looking for a fall guy. Feel like a chump? In all honesty, you might and probably should be pissed off that they even considered this. The flood of peer to peer proggies not to mention the IM crap and everything else associated with doing that is silly. They're firewall guys; do the homework and figure out what's going on; block what needs blocking and open what needs open for your business.

jim