Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Other way to view PIX syslog ?

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:41:40 -0800

From: "mathieu008 ." <mathieu0008 () hotmail com>
I’m tired of reading my 6 megs of PIX syslog messages using notepad…Is there a program out there with a GUI and options like “put in order of ports requests”. Even better, if there is an message or log analyzer (which would make a little bit like an IDS) I tried Kiwi Deamon but couldn’t make it work…didn’t bother because it didn’t look nice

Perl is your friend, you could write a script to do that in about three lines. Writing your own Perl/TK gui interface would be a little more complicated depending on how many features you want, but still probably only about two pages of code.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."