Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache-SSL

From: <vikram () vikramgodse com>
Date: 8 Nov 2002 15:32:06 -0000

Hi Mayur,
Yes apache 2.0 is giving me problems.You will have to install open-ssl
first.

VIkram Godse
---------------------------
The journey is the reward !

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 23:35, Mayur Kamat wrote:
Newbie question: I need to setup up a secure webserver. Do I install
apache
2.0 and then go for mod-ssl or open-ssl OR do I directly opt for the
apache-SSL project? which one is better in terms of security,
functionality
and convinience (in the same order of priority).

You don't use apache 2.0 but apache 1.3.27 and then enable the mod-ssl.
Even though the apache developers says that 2.0 is final its not!.

/Kim