Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Bootable vuln CD for Windows

From: "Nicki Messerschmidt" <bugtraq () alienn net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 01:46:39 +0100

Alexandros Papadopoulos wrote:
Since the client has to be installed on the running Windows system, it
shouldn't be too hard to fool by some pre-existing trojan. I was
therefore wondering, if you know any way of running such a
vulnerability scanner from a bootable CD, thus making sure that all
benchmarks start from a clean system and results can be trusted.
Why not try Knoppix [1]. It'a a cd based linux with an preinstalled
nessus. I like it and it's always fun to boot an win2k client into a
full blown linux server, when needed... *eg*

just my 2 cent...
Nicki

--
Linksystem Muenchen GmbH                          info () link-m de
Schloerstrasse 10                           http://www.link-m.de