Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Protecting PIX Firewall at the Perimeter Router

From: "Calhoun, Heath" <CalhounH () gsci state ms us>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:42:48 -0600

PDM and telnet from only one IP?  That's the first I've heard of this.
Unless your concerned about a unattended workstation, you can have more
than one ip on the telnet and pdm.  On our PIX 515's, I have at least
two.  The BDC on site so as a adminitrastor at any site you can remote
to the server and telnet to the PIX and one other IP that would be
assigned to whatever laptop we bring with us to a site.  So if you had
two people you wanted to be able to manage the PIX, you would just put
their static IP's in the pix telnet and pdm statements.

Heath Calhoun