Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Securing DNS Server

From: "Naman Latif" <naman.latif () inamed com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:58:42 -0800

You are right for most of your assumptions. We do have an internal DNS
server, which is Primary for all the users. No user has access to the
DMZ DNS Server. Also the Internal DNS server is NOT accessible from
outside.
However the internal DNS server has the DMZ DNS server as its forwarder.
So if an internal user query cannot be resolved by the internal DNS
server, it is forwarded to the DMZ DNS Server.This is where my questions
is,
1. If the DMZ DNS server needs to contact some external (root)server for
resolving the query, then how do I control that ?

Regards \\ Naman