Security Basics mailing list archives

User Administration Security Database

From: WhtWlf2001 <whtwlf2001 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 06:44:44 -0800 (PST)

I thought I'd float this out to the list before looking at developing the solution internally. I
am responsible for Access Control to network resources and approximately 200 applications across
the Enterprise. Managing add,change,deletes is a manually process that often entails us combing
through applications to see if a user has access to it.

I would like to setup a database to better track who has access to what applications/resource and
at what level. Additionally I would like to log changes/updates to this DB for auditing purposes.
Has anyone implemented a low-cost, non-commericial solution in this realm?

Thanks.