Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: A question about certification and training

From: "* KAPIL *" <kapil () kapilville com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:45:57 -0600

IMHO, your current job and future career goals have a lot to do with
what certifications your acquire and what certifications your keep
current as they expire. I for example have my A+, NET+ and Server+ from
back in the day when I first started in IT. I am a systems engineer and
work mostly on Microsoft technologies so I also have both flavors of
MCSE. In order to have the complete spectrum of troubleshooting skills,
I felt I needed to be well versed in routing and switching, so I got my
CCNA. Now, if I were going to work mostly on Compaq hardware...I'd get
Compaq certified. If I were interested in pursuing a career in
Security....perhaps CISSP would be a good choice...it depends. Hope this
helps!

-K

Stand Up For Free Speech
http://www.eff.org