Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: A Solution for sniffing

From: Mattias Hedenskog <tsixla () antisec net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 23:04:04 +0100

Well, you could always encapsulate your traffic with the help of
ipsec/freeswan (http://www.freeswan.org), like you said pgp/ssl auth is also
a solution from preventing people grabbing your emails. Concerning how to
check sniffers it all depends on what method the "attacker" is using. Check
your arp cache for correct entries and check out ettercap which is one the
most popular sniffers out there. There are built-in plugins that will check
if there is any suspicious arp activity and such.

Regards
Mattias Hedenskog

Hello Folks,
I think i am being sniffed by somone on my network, and i was wondering. is
there an application to check wether i am being sniffed or not, and if i
was, how can i fix that ?(like PGP for mail, what about other protocols)

P.S. : Running Linux Slackware 8.1 (if that would help)

cheers,
Fadi R. Khouja

--
irc:tsixla@efnet,irscnet