Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Syncthing protocol dissector

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 13:41:38 -0800

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 11:53 AM Tmore1 <tmore1 () gmx com> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you. I understand that only C dissectors are distributed with
Wireshark - in my message, I asked whether the project would be
interested in my reimplementing it in C.

Yes. If needed I can help you shepherd the changes into the repository.

The Syncthing protocols are a mixture of protobufs and ordinary fields.
I assumed that the way to write such a dissector is by writing a
protocol specific dissector, and then calling the protobuf dissector
with a subset of the tvb. That's what I did in Lua, and that's what I
suppose I would do in C. Is this the right approach?

That sounds correct to me.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 10:20:01 +0100