Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Does a filter expression allow searching with a string of bytes as decimal numbers?

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 13:56:38 -0500

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/wireshark-filter.html
"Also, this is not allowed for decimal numbers, since they would be
confused with hex numbers that are already allowed as byte strings. "

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:20 AM Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl> wrote:

Well, simply entering three digit decimal values in the Wireshark display
filter shows that it’s not a valid byte string, so hex only.
I do agree that this type could be (more clearly) described in the Users
Guide.

Jaap

On 9 May 2020, at 17:12, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>