Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: merge pcap from two interfaces

From: "Maynard, Chris" <Christopher.Maynard () IGT com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2018 17:08:14 +0000

Do you have to use tcpdump?  If you have tshark available, then you can capture on both interfaces at the same time
without the need to merge separate capture files at all.  For example:

tshark -i eth0 -i eth1 –w eth0_eth1.pcapng

Refer to the tshark[1] (or dumpcap[2]) man pages for more information.
- Chris
[1]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html
[2]: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/dumpcap.html