Wireshark mailing list archives

What's the process to get a Zookeeper dissector packaged with wireshark?

From: Jeff Widman <jeff () jeffwidman com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 00:12:37 -0800

How do I get a dissector for Zookeeper's protocol included by default in
Wireshark?

I searched but couldn't find anything about what's required to "promote" a
dissector to be packaged with wireshark...

I assume it's more than just code, that there's some process for deciding
whether a protocol is popular enough that a dissector for it could be
included in core.

Zookeeper is an open-source database for reliably storing metadata. Many
popular open-source distributed systems rely heavily on it, including
Kafka, Hadoop, Druid, etc.

Given this popularity, I suspect the only reason it's not bundled into
Wireshark is no one has had the time to write it, but wanted to confirm
before I start hacking on it.

--

*Jeff Widman*
jeffwidman.com <http://www.jeffwidman.com/> | 740-WIDMAN-J (943-6265)