Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: gerrit.wireshark.org certificate trouble?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 13:26:09 -0700

On Apr 7, 2018, at 1:18 PM, Harald Welte <laforge () gnumonks org> wrote:

Unless there's something odd (MITM) happening on the internet between wireshark.org
and myself, or Chromium is somehow b0rked, I would expect the gerrit web interface
to be unusable for everyone at the moment.

To quote Safari on my Mac:

        This Connection Is Not Private

        This website may be impersonating "gerrit.wireshark.org" to steal your personal or financial
        information.  You should close this page.

and, when I ask it to show me the certificate, it says:

        staging.wireshark.org
        Issued by: Let's Encrypt Authority X3
        Expires: Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 9:20:22 PM Pacific Daylight
        Time

        (x) This certificate is not valid (host name mismatch)

Is the mismatch between "gerrit.wireshark.org" and "staging.wireshark.org"?

On the other hand, what is gerrit.wireshark.org used for?  Code reviews are on https://code.wireshark.org/review.