Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark configure issue

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 19:00:48 +0200

Hi,

You need libgcrypt-devel (and not only libgcrypt)

Cheers

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Manik Khandelwal <
manik123khandelwal () gmail com> wrote:

Hello all,
While building wireshark on Ubuntu 16.04, I successfully generated
configure file. Unfortunately encountered the following error:

*checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.4.2... no*

*configure: error: libgcrypt not found; install libgcrypt-devel package
for your system*

I do however have libgcrypt installed in my system:

*ii  libgcrypt20:amd64
1.6.5-2ubuntu0.3                             amd64        LGPL Crypto
library - runtime library*

Can anyone help me out of this problem?

Regards,
Manik Khandelwal