Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Extcap version

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:32:19 +0100

That is an early design flaw - still going strong to that very day. It
stems from the fact, that the version query was introduced later on, and
the interface list query basically covered that as well. Additionally,
parsed extcap interfaces where not parsed on a tool (meaning executable)
level, but rather on a per-interface level. That resulted in the fact, that
there was no storage in place for saving the version after parsing, except
in extcap_interface.

extcap_tools is rather new to this concert (merged last week) and so the
version moved there. But I am in the process of restructuring
extcap_interface, and in that process I clean up a bit more. In the
meantime, when in doubt, extcap_info->version is the one read by the
overall system.

regards
Roland

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Dario Lombardo <