Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Debugging an assertion failure

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 12:28:39 +0100

On 14 April 2017 at 12:20, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord () advance7 com> wrote:

Hi Graham,

I’ve just tried ticking all the options under Debug -> Exceptions … but I
still don’t catch it.  It’s strange because I’m sure I caused and caught
assertion exceptions in the past.

Best regards…Paul

Modify the code to include a conditional just the same as the assert
condition, with a dummy assignment inside the conditional and then set a
breakpoint on that, e.g.

if (g_ascii_islower(c) || g_ascii_isdigit(c) || c == '_' || c == '-' || c
== '.') {
 int dummy = 0; // breakpoint here.
}