Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Apply as Column not working correctly

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 15:43:25 -0400

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord () advance7 com>
wrote:

Hi,

I’m debugging a problem with the transum dissector.  Repro steps are:

·        Right click on a TRANSUM RTE Data value such as APDU Rsp Time
and choose Apply as Column

·        The column is added with the correct heading

·        If I look at the Column preferences I see the APDU Rsp Time
column with a type of Custom and the correct field name of transum.art

·        I get a single callback through my dissector with
PINFO_FD_VISITED(pinfo) == TRUE for frame 1 which is the frame I am
displaying

·        None of my other callbacks are called

Are you saying your dissector isn't called again for any other frames?

·        The APDU Rsp Time for frame 1 shows correctly in the column

·        No other APDU Rsp Time values appear in the packet list even
though the tree is correctly constructed in the packet detail area

So this means that if you click on, say, frame 2 (so you can see the packet
detail area) the column is still not filled in?  Does your dissector get
called when you click on the frame (it should be called--with 'tree' set).