Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: //using (and installing) wireshark 2.3 with other software

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 19:36:56 +0100

On 5 October 2016 at 16:07, David Legan <david.legan386 () yahoo com> wrote:

Hello.

Is here anyone who tried to implement application like on this page
https://rftap.github.io/blog/2016/08/27/decoding-rds-with-rftap.html

I am having problems trying to install on ubuntu trusty live image. So I
have a question if there is any alternative solution for this implication.
For example: I would somehow saved the packets that I need (RDS in my case
: which are simply the telegrams for parsing into text) and I would procces
them later on another machine and system (e.g. Windows 7 and wireshark 2.3
which have build-in new RFTap protocol the one I need). Probably not best
question for this topic but I really need to know if anyone has already
tried something like that (especially, used with gnu radio and wireshark at
the same system).

Thank you for your time

I haven't used RFTap, but from a cursory inspection of your link, it
directs packets to the  loopback interface so you could use any version of
Wireshark (or tshark, or dumpcap) to capture the loopback traffic (-i lo)
to a capture file (-w filename), and then copy the capture file to the
other machine for analysis.

--
Graham Bloice