Wireshark mailing list archives

nmake link error when subdir presents in dissector plugin project

From: Ran Bao <worksev () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 17:11:33 +1300

Hello
Currently my project have the similar file structure as follow:

dissector_folder
|----folder
      |----packet-folder-xxx.c
|----packet-xxx.c
|----Makefile.nmake
|----Makefile.common
|--- other files

CMake and automake works fine with this file structure. However, when built
on Windows with nmake tool, the object file "packet-folder-xxx.obj" was
generated and placed at the top level folder:

dissector_folder
|----folder
      |----packet-folder-xxx.c
|----packet-xxx.c
|----Makefile.nmake
|----Makefile.common
|----packet-folder-xxx.obj
|----packet-xxx.obj

While the linker is still looking for "folder/packet-folder-xxx.obj". In
this case, it will generate an error.

I am not familiar with nmake command. There aren't much useful information
online. How can I modifiy Makefile.nmake to make it either look for
"packet-folder-xxx.obj" without "folder" or place the generated object file
next to .c source?

Regards

Regards

Ran