Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Just watched Graham Bloice's session on disectors at Sharkfest '15 - great!

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 22:28:35 +0000

On 18 January 2016 at 19:43, <tony_gibbs () compuserve com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've just watched the video of Graham Bloice's session on writing
disectors, and I think it was great.

I have been wondering for a while about writing a disector, and wasn't
sure whether to dive in with a C language disector or not.
     - Although I can write C, I didn't have enough time in 2009 to write
it.

I am encouraged to have a go now though. I might start with one in WSGD.
     - When it is good enough then I could contribute it...

Thanks again for a great tool. :-)

You're welcome (for the presentation), I'm only a very small part of the
great team that produces Wireshark.

Come to SharkFest if you can, it's a fantastic experience, even just
chatting to other folks you learn so much.

--
Graham Bloice