Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Npcap 0.04 call for test

From: Yang Luo <hsluoyb () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 09:38:10 +0800

Hi list,

In latest 0.04 r6 version, I have used 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for an IPv4
packet and 0x18, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 for an IPv6 packet (tell me if you have
better value for IPv6). The driver can return NdisMediumNull now for
loopback interface. Wireshark seems to work now, one little issue is that
in the "Characteristics" tab in loopback interface's "Interface Details",
"Media supported" and "Medium in use" shows (0xffffffff) instead of a
understandable string, this is because that the source code lacks the -1 to
string mapping.

Latest installer is at:
https://svn.nmap.org/nmap-exp/yang/NPcap-LWF/npcap-nmap-0.04-r6.exe

Cheers,