Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Extcap

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 10:28:58 +0200

Hi

Configuration is not passed during consecutive starts via the interface
list, or if you start from the main-screen. But they are shared if you
"restart" the capture.

Currently I am in the process of writing the limitations down, to further
down the road write a wiki-page containing all limitations. One more
limitation is, that boolflags have to be at the end of the configuration
list atm, if you intend to run a Python based extcap driver. Otherwise (as
demonstrated by the example), the flag is passed with an extra space, which
seems to crash the demo application for some reason.

Also, "coming back" was not part of my original intention, but I agree,
that some form of handling that should be implemented.

regards
Roland