Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark PEEKREMOTE decoding packets from Cisco Sniffer APs incorrecty

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 17:12:13 -0700

On May 28, 2014, at 1:15 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

Joerg, do you have any of the captures where wlan_datapad was necessary, so we can try to figure out if there's any
obvious indication as to whether the padding is present (e.g., one of the bits in the flags or status fields)?

The documentation I've seen for OmniPeek shows it supporting both "Aruba Remote Adapter" and "Cisco Remote Adapter"; if
they use the same protocol, perhaps, for example, the Aruba devices add the padding and the Cisco devices (presumably)
don't.