Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to build wireshark on Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 2013 Express

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:23:51 +0200

Hello Giorgio,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:00:47AM +0200, Giorgio Buffa wrote:
I would like to develop a dissector, from the current stable release
(1.10.7). Is it possible to build wireshark using Microsoft Visual Studio
Express 2013 for Windows Desktop, on Windows 8.1?

I was not able to find a step-by step guide for this. Do you have any
pointers/suggestion for this?

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/
or
ftp://ftp.wireshark.org/docs

Btw, if you start development now, you may want to consider developing
for 1.12 which is close to release although it looks like we do not yet
have packages on ftp.wireshark.org for it.

Ciao
 Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>