Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Add-on Lua code for file system operations?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 18:19:07 -0800

On Feb 7, 2014, at 5:04 PM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

The latter may handle non-ASCII pathnames better on Windows - a quick look at the LuaFileSystem seems not to indicate
that it does any UTF-8-to-UTF-16 mapping, it just calls _mkdir(), but we map UTF-8 to UTF-16 and call _wmkdir().  It
also matches what we do in C/C++ code in Wireshark.

I'm not sure whether Lua's standard I/O library handles non-ASCII pathnames well on Windows, either.  (On Windows,
"interprets them in the current code page" doesn't match what Wireshark does with non-ASCII pathnames unless you're
using code page 65001.)