Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Debugging Wireshark Disector

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 19:16:39 +0100

Le 26 févr. 2014 19:03, "Men Mamu" <meng.mam () gmail com> a écrit :

Hi,
I'm working on a custom dissector on wireshark and some problems happened,
I'd like to know what happened in the dissector,
I am working windows XP OS. so please i need the steps to debug custom
wireshark dissector.
Does Wireshark support debug methods similar as "printf" or other
methods which can print out some information during running?
Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi,

See http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Tips for tips on how to debuh
your code on Windows.