Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: adding units

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:59:46 +0000

From: wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org] On Behalf Of John Dill
Sent: den 15 april 2014 23:19
To: wireshark-dev () wireshark org
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] adding units

I'm tinkering with the 1.10.6 source code

You should be doing it on trunk if you are planning to commit to gerrit as this is new functionality.

and I'm wondering if there's
any opinions about the position and placement of units when using the
different 'display' enumerations.

:

    case BASE_DEC_HEX:

:

        }     case BASE_HEX_DEC:
 eturn format;

Both these format should probably be treated as BASE_HEX, I can't think of a case where something expressed in "units"
would need a HEX representation.

I would think the prime usage for BASE_HEX, BASE_DEC_HEX and  BASE_HEX_DEC is when a standard document expresses IEs or
Messages in HEX to ease comparison with the standard document.

: