Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: qtshark startup time ~1 minute just printing messages

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:17:09 +0200

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 02:02:51PM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
On 9/9/13 1:44 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
printing the "registering" and "handing off" messages at qtshark
startup takes about 1 minute on my system. Can this "feature" please
be fixed?

What happens if you change info_update_freq_ in splash_overlay.cpp from
50 to 100 (or 1000)?

changing it to 100 made things much better. This is on a intel dual core
2Gz 32-bit processor with more than enough ram.
What's the idea of the splash? The moment I can read anything here
means that the system is way too slow.

Ciao
      Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>