Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Delta Time (conversation)

From: vincent paul <amoteluro () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 04:47:43 -0700 (PDT)

Sake,

Thank you for your quick help.

Regards,
PV

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Delta Time (conversation)
To: "Community support list for Wireshark" <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Thursday, June 6, 2013, 3:37 AM
On 6 jun 2013, at 02:51, vincent paul
wrote:

I used Wireshark 1.10. I setup a column to display
"delta time (conversation)", and check "Calculate
conversation timestamps";  But nothing shows up in the
column.  Do I need to check something more to see
"delta time (conversation)".

There seems to be a bug indeed. The standard column "delta
time (conversation)" is not being filled in. However, if you
create a custom column with the field tcp.time_delta, it
does work. Since conversation timestamps have only been
implemented for IP, there is no difference in the output
(this may change in the future when other protocols start
using conversation timestamps).

I'll look into this, thanks for reporting.

Cheers,
Sake