Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: SCTP De-chunking support

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:24:33 +0100

On Jan 10, 2013, at 5:31 PM, vineeth vijay wrote:

Hi,

Dissection is fine. What I was wondering is whether it is possible to show these individual data chunks as separate
frames themselves.
But they are in the same frame. I really prefer not to show them in a way they
have not been on the wire.
Hence, when i apply display filter ,  only the chunks with  exact matches should be visible. Is this supported
currently?
No. Filtering is based on packets. Not sure how to improve that. We can't show 'half' of a packet.
However, there might be ways to draw your attention to the upper layer packet which matches the
filter.

Best regards
Michael
Currently , i use the below tool for this purpose:
http://frox25.no-ip.org/~mtve/wiki/SctpDechunk.html

Regards,
Vineeth

what problem are you trying to solve? Wireshark supports dissecting the upper layer paylaod
for bundled DATA chunks for ages...

Best regards
Michael

Vineeth