Wireshark mailing list archives

GSoC 2013 Student.

From: Salman Javaid <javaid.salman () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:20:33 -0700

Dear Mentors:
                  My name is Salman Javaid, and I am a graduate student in
Electrical Engineering. Is there a possibility that I can propose a
project? If yes, then currently there is no support for USB Dongles in
Wireshark for Windows. As far as I know, from winpcap 3.1 the support for
Point to Point protocols was dropped, and since USB Dongles are perceived
as PPP devices, Wireshark doesn't capture the packets.

I will be absolutely grateful for a response.

Best Regards,
Salman Javaid